Grief and loss are stressful — physically, emotionally and spiritually. Remember to take care of yourself. Here are my top ten ways to transform loss into healing and growth:
1. Eat nourishing foods.
2. Get plenty of rest.
3. Exercise — especially walking.
4. Allow yourself to cry — and drink lots of water (crying is dehydrating).
5. Surround yourself with loving people.
6. Journal — don’t worry about grammar or spelling!
8. Take a warm bath.
9. Appreciate nature.
10. If your feelings are overwhelming, see a trained grief counselor or psychotherapist.